Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sometimes I forget that I'm Pregnant

I am realizing that one of the reasons why people wait to tell others is because it takes awhile to get used to the idea yourself.
I still forget sometimes. 
I don't have a baby bump to remind me, and I am sure that once I do, it will become more real. 
There are a lot of reasons why we decided to tell our families early (well, three actually)
1st: I am on my parent's insurance still. Since they scanned my insurance card when we got tested, we figured they would either find out from us, or from the insurance company. So we told them first.
2nd:  It was hard to explain why I was always so tired and not feeling up to eating to Jason's family because we live so close
3rd: We were really excited.
After we told them, they wanted to tell everyone else, and so we decided to tell everyone first
I was having a conversation with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while, and when they mentioned that they had seen that I was expecting, it took me a while to realize exactly what they meant.
I felt like a terrible mother-to-be.
As the day gets closer, I get more and more excited, and it gets easier and easier to picture having a baby in our home!


No comments:

Post a Comment