Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jason's Post


Well yesterday (Jan. 7, 2012) we found out Ashley is pregnant.  We don’t know HOW pregnant she is... just that a little stick she urinated on says she is.  ha ha jk.  Anyway, we have had so many scares in the past where one or the other has thought we may be pregnant.

Since we have been married we have had to include a new budget for pregnancy tests.  Towards the end of our first month of marriage Ashley made us buy one because she thought she had missed her period... but in reality it was a week away.   But she talked me into it.  Each month has gone down a little bit like that with some variations of some sort.   

(insert) tell them about how I grew up with brothers so this whole thing is so new and different to me... (periods, mood swings, and maybe not so descriptive... so those who know, Know and those that don’t,,,, don’t ask questions)

However, this last month was quite different, but i didn’t really notice, my being a guy and all.  
A few things tipped me off that Ashley was a little different.  
We spent a couple of weeks in her parents basement (thank you so much Alanis Family) to finish up with work before transferring up to USU.  But as we went to church one day, Sister Green looked at Ashley and said, “She has ‘The Look’ about her.”  Meaning she thought Ashley was pregnant.  I thought it was an odd statement but entertaining. So we spent the rest of the day having a good laugh about it making jokes and thinking it was jolly funny.  

The next prominent thing that sticks out is the French Fry story.   Ashley and I traveled to Rexburg to visit my Grandpa Jensen (95) and Grandma Jensen (94).  We only stayed for one night but had a lot of fun talking with my grandparents about their lives and their mission. We also helped them clean out their fridge/freezer. (this is another story I’ll have to tell later... Grandma is going blind and can’t see very well.  Sometimes they can’t see if something has gone bad in the fridge or not.  My Grandpa is a hard worker and tries to keep everything good but there is only so much you can do at that age.) Everything seemed normal to me about Ashley; smiling all the time beautiful eyes and always kind and sharing.  It’s abnormal for Ashley not to be.  She had been saying she was feeling kind of sick/nauseous but I didn’t think much about it.  

Anyway, we head out the front door to go home and Ashley is feeling a little worn out so I volunteer to drive so she curls and takes a nap.  


After she wakes up, we need to get some gas so we pull of in Pocatello to get some.  As we approach the exit, Ashley says she wants some french fries.  At first I say “No, we need to save money and really who needs french fries when we are an hour away from home.” This was not the right answer (especially looking back and knowing she is pregnant.. ha ha).  I got “the look”. So I broke down and told her we should get some snacks inside the gas station convenience store.   We went into the Gas Station and walked around all of the candy bars, snacks, chips and drinks when she finally piped up and said, “Jason, nothing here looks good. I want french fries.” I couldn’t believe it. A convenience store full of trail mix, candybars, sandwiches, drinks, hot dogs, and more and nothing sounds as good as french fries?  We went out to the car with empty hands.  I was about to drive off when ashley became distraught that she did not have any french fries.  If it were anyone else I would have just ignored them or told them to tuff it out but it was My Ashley and she is started crying because she didn't have them.  (This is all new to me... girly emotions and thinking emotionally)  

She has to have her french fries and in fact had already marked the Artic Circle next door as the place she would get her french fries.  With my wife sobbing about french fries we pulled up to the drive through where Ashley perked up a bit.  We ordered french fries and she became as happy as a rainbow in the middle of summer.  I figured out that these must be those “food cravings” that men tell other men about.  I figured then that Ashley was probably pregnant.
(the next day we went to Wal-mart and purchased 3 test strips to see if she was) The baby in the picture is my niece, Myaih.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog to read! I need to make mine more exciting. I just feel too tired to get the camera out most of the time...but I'll work on it. You are both an inspiration and I am loving this! So thank you :)

    ReplyDelete